Monday, April 11, 2011

Integrity

I have been thinking a lot about integrity as it applies to my life and to Playful Pets of Park City in the past 24 hours. I was on a dog-sitting job with Samantha (my nine-year-old assistant) and I said something about having integrity in our work. She said 'what is integrity?' Great question! I immediately said 'honesty.' But as I thought about integrity into the evening and again this morning, I have realized that it is so much more than simply being truthful. It involves having a high quality of service.

This week is spring break in Park City. I am very busy because many people are out of town. I have some repeat clients and some new clients and I am nearly too busy. This is great news for our fledgeling business and I am truly happy as I rush from home to home making sure the animals are all cared for and feel loved. What does this have to do with integrity? I have realized that in order to assure a high quality of service I must have my client's best interests in mind at all times. We may rush from here to there, but we must not sacrifice the integrity of Playful Pets of Park City.

No comments:

Post a Comment